join our family
JOIN THE HAPPY FACES FAMILY IN 4 EASY STEPS
Making decisions about your child’s early education and care can be difficult and often scary. We want to inspire confidence in your decision while making the process as simple as possible. Typically, becoming a member of our family includes the steps listed below.
Any child between the ages of 6 weeks through 12 years of age is eligible for enrollment at Happy Faces Prep School. Within the first 10 days of enrollment, all children not already enrolled in elementary school must return the blue and yellow health forms fully completed by your child’s physician. The elementary schools keep their student health forms; thus, our school is not required to maintain duplicates. These forms, required by law in the state of Florida and Seminole County, ensure that most children admitted to the school are in good health with up-to-date immunizations. All students must have a registration packet completed in full prior to the child’s school start date. Enrollment contracts, enrollment fees, and tuition deposits must be processed to finalize registration.
Happy Faces Prep School has an “open door” policy. We invite parents and families to drop in, unannounced, at any time. Additionally, we plan many activities and special events throughout the year to encourage parent involvement, and we welcome volunteers.
Parents participate in a multitude of annual events, many chaperone field trips, others are volunteers in their child’s classroom, while some donate materials or treats for special events. We partner with families in the education of their children and thus communication is vital.
The following list includes some of the routine means of communicating and planning with parents and families:
- The Event Board is just inside the lobby entrance. It will highlight both preschool events and preschool routines. It will keep you up to date on what is coming each week.
- The Birthday Board is posted in the lobby. It is fun and special for the children to have their names posted for all to see. Teacher birthdays are fun to see also.
- Letters/Flyers are informative and meant for specific content.
- Star Notes from the teachers share those special happenings in your child’s day.
- A communication app named "Life Cubby" can share pictures and information with preschool parents and Happy Faces teachers and administration.
- ProCare is a preschool financial and communication management system. It will aid all parties in staying on top of all that help our systems run smoothly. One big item is it has an attendance system that family members "check in" and "check out" their children.
- Each classroom has its own Class Bulletin Board for class schedules, specific class activities, and information.
- Telephone conversations are always an option.
- A Suggestion Box is available for your use in the front lobby.